You have booked your vacations to the most beautiful island on the whole world, Santorini. This small half-moon shaped gem has an amazing magic. Its steep rocks with the unusual volcanic edges and the pumice stone bewitch every visitor. Before you arrive, you should organize your Santorini shore excursions or Santorini private tours in advance. The island is full of wonderful details, unknown to the visitors and difficult to be discovered. In addition, you can arrange your Santorini tours from cruise ship, if you arrive at the island while on a cruise. A lot of travel agents offer shores customized to your program.
While being on Santorini, you should take advantage of its main characteristic. It is -after all- an island. Surrounded by sea, it has beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters. Wear your swimsuits and dive in the blue sea. Most of Santorini’s beaches are composed of dark volcanic sand that gets hotter under the sun. Write down these 5 beaches listed below which you must visit:
- Kamari Beach: Kamari is a cosmopolitan resort on the south east of the island. It is a magnificent beach to swim, awarded with blue flag. It is also a great place to hang out and relax for all the family, because it offers lots of cafes, bars and restaurants. The path along the beach is a fun and relaxing place to walk all day. Kamari has a very fun vibe and one of the most family-friendly towns on Santorini.
- Perissa and Perivolos beaches are essentially one very long beach on the south east cost of Santorini. It is a black sand beach, below the mountain of Mesa Vouno. The beach becomes more quiet as you move south to the third beach, known as Agios Georgios. The beaches are organized with cafes, restaurants and nightlife by day.
- The Red beach: The pebbly sand here is red and the backdrop is stunning. It is one of the most famous beaches of the island. Located near the ancient site of Akrotiri, Red Beach is about 20 minutes south from Fira. The walk down to the beach can be steep for some. But it worth the effort. While getting down to the beach, you will be impressed by the different colors of the cliff mirrored to the blue sea.
- Monolithos Beach: It is the nicest beach of the island. It has black sand that makes the most beautiful sandcastles ever. It is very quiet with a small collection of hotels and restaurants. The shallow waters make it better for kids than the other beaches (for example Perissa and Kamari).
- Eros beach: is located north of Vlihada beach at the south part of Santorini. It can be accessed by car. It is an unknown and secluded beach that attracts few tourists. The beach has a cool vibe. You can spend the whole day under the umbrella, listening to the music of the sea and the nearby bar.
Plus one more: The best swimming spot on Santorini is not a beach. Take the path down from Oia to the old port and then turn left. . If you want to reach the ultimate freedom, this is the way. Near the church of Agios Nikolaos at the Ammoudi bay, walk along the rocks and reach the edge. Dive in the blue waters of the Aegean and try to fell the water in every cell of your skin.