Every place on Earth has secrets and unknown pieces mixed up to create its magical puzzle. Pieces that compose its unique character and image. Santorini is a paradise full of bewitching little details, known only to locals, which can be discovered by Santorini shore excursion and Santorini private tours. If you have booked your vacation on the most beautiful island on Earth or you are going to stop at Santorini while on a cruise, there are a lot of things to put on your “to do” list.
Check the list below and schedule your program.
- Santorini’s beaches are unique and legendary. This volcanic island has dark sand beaches with breathtaking views and scenery. Just a short walk from the village of Akrotiri, you will find the Red Beach with its famous red and black volcanic pebbles. The black sands of Kamari Beach are overlooked by the Meso Vouno rock and the Profitis Ilias Mountains. Extra tip: You must discover Ammoudi Bay, climbing the stairs down from Oia.
- The idyllic and whitewashed village of Oia with its colorful houses and the Aegean blue shutters is one of the most photographed in Greece -not to say on Earth. Located on the top of an impressive cliff, it offers spectacular and breathtaking views over the volcano of Palia and Nea Kameni. Wander among the maze of narrow streets while breathing the salty air.
- It is said that Santorini offers the most amazing and beautiful sunsets on earth. Discover your personal and romantic place to take in the stunning pink, violet, orange and gold rays as the sun drops into the crystal blue sea. Such places are the village of Imerovigli, the Vilhada beach with its volcanic scenery and Faros.
- If you can afford it, sleep in a cave house. Cave houses or yposkafa -as called in Greek language- were historically built by the locals to protect themselves against gusty winds. Nowadays, they have been renowned into luxurious places to stay.
- Try the stunning local cuisine. Traditional recipes, with local products mixed up with international ingredients by innovative and modern cooking techniques. Santorini is a culinary Paradise.
- Dive in the crystal clear Aegean waters and view the island from a different perspective. Santorini is known for its sailing and scuba diving activities. Yu will certainly get a unique view of the volcanic landscape from under the surface. Do not miss such an experience, convenient especially during Santorini tours from cruise ship.
- The island of Dionysus and Panas. Wine lovers, you are on the right island. Wine production on Santorini dates back to Roman times and it is one of the main products of the island. The volcanic landscape is said to give the wine special aromas.
Plus 1: Learn some history at the site of Akrotiri, a buried Minoan city that has recently undergone extensive reconstruction work. Walk on the streets and squares of this prehistoric city, known as the Pompeii of the Aegean.